PlantTours Communications Company Standard Equipment Limited Warranty
1-Way Communication Systems:
PlantTours Communications Company, a North Carolina corporation (PlantTours) warrants that the equipment listed below shall be warranted for its designated warranty period as follows:
- All batteries and accessories not listed below, ONE (1) YEAR from date of purchase.
- All headphones, headsets, microphones, adapters, pouches, and Charging Cases including PT-1200/PT-2000/PT and PT-3000, ONE (1) YEAR from date of purchase.
- Transmitters and receivers, FIVE (5) years from date of purchase.
All equipment sold to customer shall be free of any defect in materials or workmanship for the warranty periods indicated. Warranty begins from the date of purchase. The above warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failure resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with the electrical power usage not in accordance with the product instructions, acts of nature, or improper installation or repairs made by anyone other than PlantTours or a PlantTours authorized third-party service provider. PlantTours reserves the right to substitute functionally equivalent new or serviceable used parts.
2-Way Communication Systems:
PlantTours Communications Systems are warranted from malfunction due to manufacturing defects for the following periods:
Transceivers / Receivers
MT-700 / MT-700 R – 1 year
Headsets – 1 year
Speaker Microphone – 1 year
Rechargeable Batteries – 1 year
What is Covered
This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in all PlantTours products.
The warranty does not cover:
- Damage from misuse, abuse, or wear and tear.
- Repairs or product modifications by anyone not authorized by PlantTours Communications.
This warranty is valid for the original purchaser only and is non-transferable.
Equipment Warranty Exclusions
PlantTours does not warrant or guarantee and is not responsible for:
- Defects, failures, damages or performance limitations caused in whole or in part by: (A) power failures, surges, fires, floods, snow, ice, lightning, excessive heat or cold, highly corrosive environments, moisture, accidents, actions, actions of third parties, or other events outside of PlantTours’ control, or (B) customer abuse, mishandling, misuse, negligence, improper storage, serving or operation or unauthorized attempts to repair or alter the equipment in any way. Customer must contact PlantTours for qualified technical assistance to repair the equipment.
- Alterations and /or modifications to any part of PlantTours’ product, without PlantTours’ written authorization unconditionally VOIDS the PlantTours Standard Warranty. Equipment built to customer’s specifications that are later found not to meet customer’s needs or expectations.
- The performance of the equipment when used in combination with equipment not purchased, specified or approved by PlantTours.
- Batteries and other consumable goods.
- Wearable items, such as tooling cables, part harnesses, contacts, etc
Additional Warranty Notes
- Items sold as resale are such items that are not manufactured by PlantTours but may be utilized in conjunction with or independently of PlantTours manufactured equipment (computers, printers, network adapters) and shall be covered only by the specific warranty terms of the supplier.
- The PlantTours warranty applies to the original purchaser, and is not transferable. Used equipment of the equipment specified in an order is described as used, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both parties and is sold AS IS unless otherwise indicated in writing by PlantTours.
PlantTours warrants that the services will be performed in a professional manner (Services Warranty). Notice of a breach of the Services Warranty must (i) specify in reasonable detail the nature of the claim, and (ii) be received within (90) days from the last day of performance of the services.
Except as expressly provided in this standard warranty policy statement, PlantTours hereby expressly disclaims all representations, conditions and warranties, whether express or implied, including by way of example and not limitation, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, noninfringement and fitness for a particular purpose, limitation on liability notwithstanding, anything herein to the contrary, in no event will PlantTours be liable for any special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever, including loss of profits, whether arising in contract, tort, warranty or otherwise. The limit of PlantTours liability will not exceed in the aggregate the actual amounts received by PlantTours for the specific product with respect to which such claim is made.
Warranty Claims and Procedures
- During the applicable Standard Equipment Warranty Period outlined above, customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach will be at PlantTours’ sole discretion and option, the repair or replacement of the defective product. To be entitled to rights under the Standard Equipment Warranty, the customer must notify PlantTours in writing within thirty (30) days after discovering a suspected defect in any product, but in any event prior to the expiration of the applicable warranty period.
- Before shipping any product to PlantTours, the customer must obtain a written return authorization from PlantTours, and provide any proof of warranty eligibility.
- PlantTours will provide customer with new, rebuilt, refurbished or alternate equipment of equal or improved quality, as exchange equipment to replace eligible defective equipment. Any alternate equipment will meet or exceed the specifications of the replaced equipment. Rebuilt or refurbished equipment may bear cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. Unless otherwise specified by PlantTours in writing, repaired or replaced equipment are covered only for the remainder of the term of the applicable Standard Equipment Warranty.
If you require warranty service for your product within the warranty period, ship your product pre-paid only to PlantTours. The end user is responsible for the shipping charges to our facility.
8325-D Arrowridge Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28273
COD or Collect deliveries will not be accepted.
A PlantTours Service Request Form must accompany each repair shipment. Please contact PlantTours to obtain this form.